Dr. Geo Jos Fernandez Ph.D
Dr. Geo Jos Fernandez is the Dean and HoD of Albertian Institute of Management (AIM) since June 2017. Dr. Geo, a seasoned researcher and an academician has a Ph.D. and an MBA, is instrumental in the development of overall growth of the students. He has experience in both qualitative and quantitative research & consulting and is an acclaimed academician in both industry and academic institutions. Before Joining AIM, He was associated with a University in Dehradun, UPES as Asst. Professor (Selection Grade), prior to joining UPES he was associated with the Oil & Gas industry and with the Financial Sector. He has presented numerous papers at various international conferences, published his works in journals of repute and has conducted workshops and guest lecturers for curious minds in various institution’s and corporate.
Research & Consulting, Business Process Mapping, Strategic Tools or Frameworks, Oil & Gas, Client Management, Team Building & Leadership, M. S. Office Applications and Training & Development
- He has published more than 15 research Articles (both qualitative and quantitative); edited or authored more than 06 books/study materials
- Presented numerous papers at various international conferences and has conducted workshops and delivered lecturers for curious minds in various institutions and corporates (IOCL, HPCL, BPCL, OIL, Petrobangla group of companies, London School of Energy Studies and Zabeel International).
- Worked with a service provider in Oil and Gas sector as an Asst. Manager [Projects] and was instrumental in developing various assets/acquiring businesses in Houston, Dubai and in India.
- Received best performance awards four times during his career
Scholarly Activities (Information as on May 2017)
- Research Papers Published: 16
- Research Papers Presented: 08
- Conference Attended: 19
- Books/Study Material Edited/Authored: 06
- White Papers Published: 01
- Guiding Ph.D. Scholars: 08
Organization 3: With University of Petroleum & Energy Studies as Asst. Professor (Selection Grade)
- Research/Consulting Experience
- Published 16 research papers (Journals and conference proceedings), Presented 08 research papers in International conference, 4 research papers under review with International journals
- Guiding 8 Industry people on their Ph.D. (Two scholars have submitted their thesis and one will be submitting by July 2017)
- Guiding Post graduate students for dissertations
- Member of Advisory committee of “2nd International Conference on contemporary Development in Business” organized by ARSEAM
- Reviewer of Journal of Advances in Business Management
- Reviewer and Technical Committee member of “International conference on Power and Energy Systems: Towards Sustainable Energy 2014” organized by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham University co-organised by IEEE scheduled on March 13th to 15th, 2014 at Bengaluru.
- Invited speaker for the summit on “Project Financing in Energy & Infrastructure Sector 2013 – Challenges & Opportunities” scheduled on February 5th, 2014 at Le Meridian, New Delhi.
- Special invitee for the brainstorming session on “Hydrocarbons: Sustainability and Recycling” organized by Uttarakhand Council for Science & Technology (UCOST) on 21st to 23rd November, 2012.
- Academic Experience
- Delivering Lectures to Post Graduate & Under Graduate Students (Upstream related Courses; Oil & Gas Economics related courses; Global Oil Business related courses & Geopolitics) since 2010
- Course Material Development (Economics and Risk Assessment in Petroleum Exploration, Oil Equity Acquisition and Asset Allocation, and, Oil & Gas storage &transportation)
- Organizing Experience
- Co-Convener of “International Conference on Management of Infrastructure 2016 & 2017” Organised by CoMES, UPES
- Convener of four Management Development Program (in Oil & Gas and Energy Trading) organized by department of Oil & Gas & UPES Since April 2013
- Convener of Naftanomix 2015 and 2013 “The annual Oil & Gas Days-Technical fest” of the department of Oil & Gas
- Faculty in-charge of “Energy Window” the bi monthly magazine of department of Oil & Gas, CoMES, UPES
- Administrative Experience
- Faculty In-charge / Coordinator for “Placement & Internship” of College of Management & Economics studies
- Program In-charge / Coordinator/ for MBA (Oil & Gas)
- Member of Core value Development and Implementation team of UPES, Consultative Syllabus Review Committee of MBA (Oil & Gas), and Board of Studies (CoMES), UPES.
Organization 2: With a service provider of Oil & Gas industry in India as Assistant Manager (Projects)
- Team member of the team that set up new offices and facilities in Oman for the organization
- Looked after the acquisition of a business in Dubai and in Houston, Texas
- Making the Techno-Economic Feasibility study reports for various projects proposed by the company
- Studying various business models and looking for new business opportunities
- Internal Auditor of the Company for ISO 9001 :2008
Organization 1: With Charter Mercantile Exchange as an executive for the process of American express Australian Division from 2006 to 2007